Saturday, December 21, 2013

Reindeer Jar Candle Cover- Craft idea for gifts


 

To create a gift for multiple people, I turned to Pinterest to find ideas.  I found a reindeer craft, using brown tissue paper over a full tp roll to create a centerpiece using the same basic idea of googly eyes, a red pom pom nose and handprint antlers. 

I went out shopping in search of something tp roll sized, but something I could actually give out as a gift.  I was thinking either candles or small canisters of treats/food, and I think both would work nicely with this model.

I ended up finding jar candles for 3 for $10 at Michaels.  So, I purchased a jar.

I also picked up brown 12 x 12 scrapbooking cardstock paper, manila 12 x 12 paper, red pom poms and googly eyes.

The 12 x 12 paper almost makes it around the candle.  I cut some of the excess of the top, and cut slits down the top and folded over the brown paper to cover the top and secured the paper to itself with hot glue.  I used clear packing tape on both the front and back of the back seam to create a tube that slips on and off the candle without sticking to it. 

For the antlers, I traced my daughter's hands and added a little tab at the end to fold backwards. I secured the antlers with hot glue.

I then added the red pom pom nose and googly eyes, also with hot glue.

I'll now repeat, over and over again, until I finish gifts for my coworkers and others! 

Merry Christmas!


No comments: