Sunday, October 27, 2013

Juggling: Gymnastics and a repeat lesson on Heaven


This weekend presented a challenge- our daughter had her first ever gymnastics meet scheduled for the same day as our RE class. 

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I usually team-teach the class, which has this year amounted to 16-18 Kindergartner and first graders each week.

My husband decided to brave the class alone, while my daughter and I headed out early to her first meet.

The next lesson in our text book was on Heaven.  To keep things simple, we decided to go with a tried and true craft, previously featured on this blog, where kids make their own "heaven" sculpture out of cotton balls.

To the left is our angel and heaven craft and you can link to the original post here.  My husband reports that although he had about 16 students in attendance, he was able to successfully get the kids through the book lesson, circle time and this craft. 
 
In related news, my daughter placed 7th in both the Vault and Floor.  Pretty exciting!   I hope you all have a blessed week and will pray for all of the parents out there juggling parenting, work and our commitments to our Church. 

 

No comments: